Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Just Let the Album drop

Update from the UK. My cousin's album was released yesterday. Apparently her latest single is officially at the top of the charts. Guess who it passed to reach number one??? Madonna!. That's big. I'm a proud cousin. Helps put things into perspective - this is a really big deal, even if it is 5000 miles away.

The album comes out here on March 7th (I think). For those who want to hear some samples first, go to her website www.corinnebaileyrae.net or even better, go to the iTunes music store, and switch it to the UK version (at the bottom of the main page). She comes up immediately in the top left. Learn the name well, even though british artists have trouble breaking into the US market, it worked (briefly) for Craig David, and we all know Floetry is still around... I expect big things from her. As much as I knock record companies, her's is doing an extremely good job.

That's what is on my mind. I doubt she reads this, but all I would say to her is to enjoy the success. I know that music is something she loves, and that is apparent through her music and its a big reason why its being received so well. I hope the fame that comes with it doesn't do anything to change music from being something she loves to do.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home