Sunday, February 05, 2006

Just Made It... BUT...

Well, I'm here, and finally able to blog, but unfortunately not in the conditions I had hoped... see... I made it fine, but my computer won't turn on. I'm surprised at how calm I've been able to stay in this situation, but nonetheless, it needs to get replaced as soon as possible. I ordered cable and internet and both are due to be turned on on Tuesday. That was set into motion before I knew my computer was broken. For those who have seen my computer, u may know that I use it to watch TV. Well, not only will I have no internet until my new computer gets here, I have no TV either. That means no 24 tomorrow night, or the week after, unless I make some friends really quick (shouldn't be a problem, people are REALLY nice around here). But bottom line, as far as money goes, I can't order the computer until Wednesday, then I have to wait for them to build and ship it. They probably won't be able to ship until the 20th... so looks like I'm down for the count until the end of February.

I've been to Walmart just about once a day since I got here, getting everything I need to make my place more comfortable. The greeter at the door, Lee, struck up a conversation with me (he's pretty old) but he's a cool guy. I'll see him every Thursday and Sunday as long as I use that entrance... or believe it or not, that Walmart, since there are 2 others within a 10 minute drive of here. All 3 are Super Walmarts and while the size is excessive, it definitely has everything I could possibly need. I started to buy groceries so I could make dinner, but I realized I didn't have half of the utensils I needed, so I just walked out of the supermaket section and found pots & pans, baking trays, kitchen towels... everything else I needed. Then I bought a toaster oven, a vacuum, all the cleaning supplies I need, and I'm sure a lot more that I can't remember.

The Apartment is great. Its a lot more spacious than I remember. I spent most of Friday putting my furniture together, which included my desk, bed and bedside tables.... I did my coffee table Saturday morning. Right now the coffee table is the only thing in the lviing room. Besides all that, everything is unpacked and put away and I'm at the point where I just need to choose my car. That is much easier said than done.

I'm trying to be practical but part of me says I should just get what I want within reason. Practical = Honda Civic, while what I want = Acura TSX (that 2nd car changes on a daily basis, yesterday it was the Accord Coupe). Then on top of all that, I walk into these dealers and they are so quick to try and sell me something (of course) that I know the information they are giving me isn't the best to go on. So I'm at a point where I'm trying to make a good decision, but not get taken to the cleaners. Luckily, I have the rental car until the beginning of March, so there is no rush.

A family friend invited me to a superbowl party tonight. That's where I'm off to soon. I can't think of anything else to talk about right now, but I'll be back as soon as I can... I'm typing from the computers in our club house and they are usually taken (there are only 2). I start work tomorrow, well, orientation for a day and a half. For those who have the number, feel free to call. It'll be rough with no TV or music or internet or photos.

~JL

2 Comments:

Blogger POPS said...

glad to hear all is going well so far with the exception of your tv/pc.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Miss Q said...

the new civics are nice... if they looked like that when i got my accord, i prolly woulda got the civic... anywho, glad to hear alls well. holla at me sometime!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home