Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Just Making Progress

The computer is finally ordered, but I won't be getting it until the 27th. Until then, I'll be sitting on my hands... but luckily my cable is all set up (I feel for you Dizzy) and at least I can watch TV after work. Back in NY and NJ, we don't have the luzury of having TVone, but I was very happy when I realized that it was part of my package. One of my favorite shows (before I was hooked on 24) was Boston Public. I remember watching it back in High School, well, they show it on TVone, pretty late at night, but it comes on. I don't know exactly what times, but DVR catches it, and I watch it when I can... ah technology. I guess that's what I'm here doing. I'm working on/with technologies that will make things even more convenient. Since I started working, I have to be extra careful about what I say here, so I will no longer even mention the technology I work with, but I will give some vague descriptions of what I do, and those who know me can feel free to get in touch with me if they want to know a little more.

I have an engineering degree, but this job incorporates more of a business perspective. This means that while there are many opportunities to be technical, that is not the focus. Its only a small part of the job. The rest of it is about moving forward with what we are working on, and making sure everyone else does as well. This is perfect for me because I don't want to be in a room designing circuits all day or writing code. This lets me work on multiple projects, still be goal oriented, and learn more about the business side and the politics that come with it. So far so good. I know I will learn a great deal, and it will be interesting to see where this takes me.

That's all I can think of for now. Someone else (a sista) is waiting to use the computer. (smiles) There are black people here, and enough of them, just not as many as I've grown accustomed to.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home