Saturday, February 25, 2006

Just Never Know

I've been trying to come up with a name for my car. I like my initials, so I figure I'd like it to have the same. Not that you'll ever hear its last name, but it basically means the first initial will be J. Any suggestions?

Now on to real business... I met some cool people tonight. Remember I told you a few blogs ago I was getting up so I could let a sista use the computer, well, I called her tonight, and I went by her place and met up with the most minorities (8) I've seen in one place since I got here. I don't limit myself to just being around minorities... you can't do that here anyway, but I am from NY and it was refreshing to see them all. After chillin for a while, we drove down to Fayetteville, the college town. It was so crowded, we couldn't really go anywhere. That is good and bad news. Now I know for sure where to go to find all the people my age, BUT tonight was so crowded that we couldn't really do anything there, so we came back and went to IHOP. They are cool people, and it turns out that a few of them live in my apartment complex. See people, make those phone calls... you never know what can happen.

Yesterday I went to Best Buy, and I have a regret. See, I saw this beautiful black woman... But, she had a child with her. Now of course I assumed it was her child, but I probably shouldn't have. Either way, I saw her in the parking lot and I didn't do anything, based on the earlier assumption. Looking back, I don't have the luxury to really be doing things like that. I need to talk to everyone I can, because it could lead to other people, just like what happened tonight. You meet one person waiting for a computer, and before you know it, you meet 8 people.

That's it for now. I'm off to bed.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home