Sunday, January 22, 2006

Just #2

I had party #2 last night. There is a lot to talk about but I'm sure I'm going to forget something. It's cool though. A good friend surprised me last night. She isn't a friend on my facebook, and I was terrible with making sure I called and invited everyone else, but she got the word anyway.

I was pretty gone last night. I had 3 drinks, and being the lightweight that I am, that was it. It was a lot of fun though, and I have to admit that the night went really well, even with the few issues we had in the beginning (having to change the venue because the manager I spoke to at one place claims he's never talked to me before, and all the things he told me about it being cool to have it there, and being able to let people under 21 in to sit at the restaurant wasn't true, because they were closing the restaurant for the night.) So we had to change venues last minute, and try and let as many people as possible know. I apologize if anyone went to the original place, we tried our best to get the word out. Then, at the new place, nto only could we not get anyone under 21 in just to eat, there was a cover charge after 10:00... luckily it was only $5 so people didn't think twice about it. The place was nice though... it was called The Den. It had great food, good music, and bottom line, it was a great time, surprisinlgy good considering we had to change locations like we did. The last party I had that was that good was my birthday, in Harlem, on a Monday night... I don't think there has been a better party on a Monday night before. Maybe its the people, maybe its Harlem, maybe its the "just do it" planner E, maybe its all three. We know the formula, but we won't brag about it, we'll just wait and see how the next one goes, maybe we'll make it a yearly thing.

After the party, don't ask me what time it was, but we took the subway over to a nice restaurant called Renaissance. That was some great food. It was there that I realized it was 5AM. We played "name that song" since they had a great mix CD of some 90s songs. Songs that take me to specific times and places in high school etc. Once we were done eating, I decided I should catch the train home, so I could at least sleep in my own bed, and be home for my aunt's birthday today. Happy Birthday Aunt J.

Thank you to everyone that came out, and sorry to those who couldn't make it because of the last minute problems we had. I'm sure there is more to talk about that I forgot, so I will most likely get them in as I think about them. I will post them up tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home