Thursday, December 01, 2005

Just Realized

I talked a long time with a good friend last night, and today with my aunt. I came to a big realization. My situation is one people would love to be in, even though at times it is negative for me... not having a job.

But I realize, people get jobs because they have to, in many cases to pay debts. I'm in a very unique situation, where I can do things people wish they could do. No looming negative numbers over my head, from here there is nothing to lose. I know I have the background and intelligence to do big things, and the last thing I want is to waste that somewhere that does not deserve it. To positively affect change is to put yourself in the position to do so. I believe the rest will fall into place.

Companies have a great deal of power. While I'm not sure exactly what direction is next for me, I know I will devote myself to a cause. Many of the problems that ail others, a loved one having cancer, or another terrible condition, I have been fortunate to not have to deal with. Many people who start foundations have had reason to do so. I do not want to wait for something to affect me to do something positive about it. I want to choose a cause, even if its general, and help people, without having been personally affected by whatever it may be.

I believe everything happens for a reason. I like to see where I end up, instead of over planning. Its not about luck, I feel like if something falls on my lap, it was meant to. My mom opened the newspaper one day and read about a new high school being built. Long story short, I went there, and its probably the reason you are reading this. My life would be very different had I gone somewhere else, still most likely good, just different.

So as for my situation, I think it has brought a sense of responsibility. This realization is one that I know I cannot dismiss. Because it is a good situation, even if it is counter to what is pushed (going to school and getting a job). I'll let you know what happens next.

Its a scary thing, and its almost as if the blog has come full circle, since this is exactly what I was saying in the beginning... but I'm sure many of you work best outside of your comfort zone, as I do. So now, its no longer a question of wanting to, or even being motivated to. Its about having to do it. Its a responsibility, and I'm not one to slack... I may ask for help though when the time comes.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home