Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Just in case...

A great deal comes with the territory of having the name Justin. I introduce myself to people, and they feel the pressing need to immediately make a reference to a common phrase that incorporates my name. For example, "hey, you're Just In time" or "you're a good person to know Just In case." Why people feel the need to do this, I don't know. All I have to say about it though, is that its not original. To all those Just In phrasers out there, everyone can do what you're doing... many have before. Its not original, and is in fact the opposite.

Just had to put that out there.

I had a conversation earlier about the difference between courting and game. I think I developed a really good way of putting it. Comments are appreciated on this one.

See, as a male, I understand how naturally, it is almost built into our mentality, especially through images projected in the media and in society in general, for us to put ourselves above women. (Sorry if this is sounding like a persuasive essay, that happens from time to time). Courting goes against this, hence the reason why its probably not very common these days. See, the man must put the woman above him. Yes, we all have pride, but it must be put aside in order to be successful... meaning you might get hurt. This is because, you aren't truly yourself, unless you are exposed... otherwise you are protecting yourself from getting hurt. (Yup, a persuasive essay).

Anything else to me, the man putting himself on top, while it may be perceived as confidence, is just game. I don't like games, unless its Taboo, that one is cool. Now i'm not an expert on courting, or game, I'm just saying that, perhaps the only way to be different (this is for both men and women) is for men to stop spitting game like "hey shawty," and for women to stop responding to it. Yes, I found out the other day, saw first hand that some women actually do respond to it... much to my surprise.

On to other subjects, this DVR is actually driving me crazy. Yes, 10PM came around and there were three things I wanted to watch. This has NEVER been a problem before, but now of course since the DVR can only at most record two shows at a time, it was only a matter of time before I would want 3. Such is technology. No, I'm not a couch potato, I just look forward to 10PM, there's always something good on.

Last but not least, I'm trying to stay motivated like SQ. First meeting tomorrow night for the big idea. Nah, its not all that, just something that we're going to give a try. Best way to make it to the top of a company is to start there, even if right now the top is all the way at the bottom. Only one way to go...

~JL

1 Comments:

Blogger Ms. V said...

JL.. my initials are VD... and believe me everyone feels the need to bring it to my attention like all of a sudden at 26 they are telling me something I don't know.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home