Sunday, November 20, 2005

Just Came Around

I pulled a lot of personal significance from the conference this weekend. 4 years ago, at that location, I saw for the first time what NSBE was all about. I was reminded that it was also TA's and SQ's first conference. It turns out, that Dr. Moore, the speaker during the banquet, also spoke at the same conference in 2001, and he told a story that I specifically remember from before. If that wasn't enough, there was the same number of people from my chapter as were there when we went my first time.

As for the significance, well, I guess that hotel/conference coincides with transition points in my life. The first time was the beginning of college and my introduction to NSBE, and here I am 4 year later, helping to run the conference... to do the same for students who are now where I was 4 years ago.

It really seemed to complete a circle for me that I had not realized I was in. I needed those visual clues, and some feelings of deja vu to fully understand what was going on.

Here I am now, getting over my withdrawl symptoms from the conference... on the way home I thought every young black person I saw was in NSBE, just like how it was at the hotel. That always happens. My DVR held down the show schedule while I was gone... I'm watching Tale Spin right now. Definitely my favorite cartoon. Lets me be a kid again, back then I wanted to be a pilot... don't have time to watch everyday, but its like a mini vacation.

~JL

1 Comments:

Blogger POPS said...

interestingly enough, i felt the same type of epiphany a few years ago and realized how important is was that i remain involved no matter the weather, personality types, or location. it's amazing when you realize how little things can have proufound effects of the lives that you encounter.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home