Friday, November 18, 2005

Just Me

I'm at a conference and I've just seen a guy hand out resumes to girls with the objective, "To obtain a position in Husbandry, Boyfriendry, or Male Special Friend Studies." CLASSIC. Most laughing I've done in a while. Leave it to a NSBE cat to come with a resume like that and pass it to the ladies. Its hilarious, but he clearly has too much time on his hands... its more detailed than my real resume.

It seriously had the whole room dying, and he's still going around passing out more. I wish him the best... but after he left, the concensus was... I hope his real resume looks this good/I hope he spent as much time on his real resume.

Would I have done it? nah. I'm not trying to show off... I'm just trying to be real, whatever that means. See, Chris Rock said, "We do all these things to show off, and get someone, and then later on, when the real you comes out, things go south." Those weren't the exact words, but the point is, I'd rather be real/myself from the start. Doesn't waste anyone's time. Its much easier to just be you than it is to act for weeks, months, or even years.

So, it took a while to be able to say this, because it wasn't always the case. I can honestly say that if you meet me tomorrow... it will be the real me. No showing off, no leading anyone on. That's my resume, cause that's all I can promise. Can't promise compatability, or a promising future, because I just don't know. All I can do is hope for the best, and hope that "Me" is the best "Me" possible.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... and that's all we ask of you Justin!

10:44 PM  
Blogger POPS said...

it doens't get any realer than that

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home