Sunday, December 04, 2005

Just Listen

An appropriate title for this entry, and also Musiq's second album. My favorite track on that one is Previouscats. "See now I'm not to blame for the pain that was caused by previouscats."

I'm letting the secret out (its not much of a secret, just something u probably didn't know). I went to Handel's Messiah tonight. I go every year... first Sunday every December. I used to play the flute in a youth orchestra, and occasionally we did Handel's Messiah. Remember, it was a youth orchestra, so most of what I did for it was forced, but I'll admit a lot of it was beneficial. I did my thing. One year, I was the concert master... yup I had some skill.

If that wasn't enough, I played a few other instruments, such as the symphonic chimes, and the english handbells. I even tried the trumpet for a while. See, I worked under a very inspirational person, Dr. Byerte Johnson (she organizes and conducts the Messaih every year). While I was young, I couldn't stand being forced to practice and perform, but she has given me the unique appreceiation I have for music. Back when I used to play, it was my release... I used to play the entire Carol of the Bells on the symphonic chimes... that was fun. The good old days.

Now, most of the people that come and listen to the Messiah are pretty old. Don't see anyone around my age... some high schoolers, but again they're probably forced to be there and perform... but I had my turn... and as much as I couldn't stand being there when I was young... I know all the music now, and it is always performed very well. I guess you could say the music is a part of me, because all those minutes of impatience before is now converted to sheer joy and appreciation. That is some classical music I will never get tired of.

I also wanted to talk about an artist named Lina. I have quickly become a big fan of her album... The Inner Beauty Movement. Its a unique sound. I can list my favorite songs, but I can't order them.

It Could Be - (This is my favorite by far)
"It could be a phase that I'm going through... maybe in a while I'll never think of you."

Leaving You
"I'm leaving you for someone who loves me... I'm leaving you for me."

Smooth (sounds just like the title says, this is her single)
"What I wouldn't do... to make this thing go smooth."

Why do I like her music so much? The tracks seem to mix in some classical music/instruments. It took some time for me to really get into the tracks, but the ones I listed above, and some others are definitely favorites. Give her a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home