Thursday, December 08, 2005

Just Driven

How do you define success? I haven't answered that for myself yet, but I do know part of the answer. A lot of it has to do with the company you keep. My dad once told me he used to be infatuated with material things (big house, nice car etc...) - I've been caught up from time to time. Material things are very seductive, i.e. the BMW 645 coupe.

BMW 645Ci

But, he put it all in perspective for me one day by saying, "Once you have a wife and start a family, you realize what is really important. Its not about material things, its about providing for your family." Very true... I still hope to get my 645 one day, but as much as I may want to put myself in the position to have one, depending on my situation, it may be the least important thing to have.

I was reminded tonight that blogs allow you to quickly reference what is being talked about... for example, if I'm bad mouthing pop culture, there should be a link to a perfect example... or at least pictures. Well, I see how easy it is to add pictures now, so I'll do my best to keep it even more interesting.

Some random music stuff...

If its screwed and chopped... I don't want to hear it. Get that ish out of here.

The music industry sucks. If you don't embrace change, you will be replaced... and I know I don't buy CDs, unless at least half of the tracks are good (which means I downloaded the entire CD already). I have yet to see them really develop something that fixes the piracy problem. Its only going to get worse for them.

Toni Braxton's and Mary J. Blige's new singles (Trippin and Be Without You) sound surprisingly similar. After doing some research, both were done by the same producers. I like them... simple, good bassline, and structured around the piano. Simplicity is elegance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home