Saturday, July 15, 2006

Just Saddened

I am deeply saddened by the developments I have seen recently in the Middle East. My home page is BBC News, so everytime I open internet explorer I am briefed with the latest world news. For the past several days the headline has been another major bombing.

We are a long time away from solving such conflicts peacefully. What really upsets me is the terrible disregard for human life, especially those of civilians. The most recent round of bombings have killed civilians, and as far as I am concerned, that is unacceptable. I know that civilian casualties are sometimes unavoidable, but it just seems like there is no consideration at this point.

My point, if there must be war, if there must be bombs, can't we use intelligence and technology to minimize civilian casualties? Wars are between governments and sometimes organizations, not the citizens. What I have seen the past few days is... lets bomb everywhere until we get our way. I just don't think that's the solution.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home