Saturday, July 08, 2006

Just Miseducated

Lauryn Hill's CD is still in my car. Today, the first track played (an intro track) and I realized something pretty interesting. Perhaps I'm just really late with the whole thing, but it made the CD much more meaningful in my mind.

I spoke recently about how the interludes are a class of teenagers in school talking about love and what it means to them. In the introduction when the teacher takes attendance, Lauryn is absent from class that day. Perhaps the lessons she would have learned that day in class (that we hear throughout the entire CD) could have prevented her from learning things the hard way later in life... hence the reason for most of the songs on the CD. Like I said, maybe I'm just really late.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home