Saturday, July 01, 2006

Just Amazed

I just got back from Superman. It brought me straight back to childhood. Along with my "We Sing" video, the day I learned to use the VCR by myself, the only other tapes around were Back to the Future, and Superman. To say I watched them over and over again is an understatement. The theme music from those movies have a greater effect on me than the ice cream truck song does on little kids.

I was definitely looking forward to seeing the movie, but I had no idea I'd feel like a kid again. That's what it did for me. Now I know nothing is ever as good as the original, but maybe its not fair to make that comparison. For what the story was, and using today's technology I think it was a great representation of today's Superman... not the character... but in terms of making a movie that can do today what the original did before. Story aside, I was absolutely amazed at the visuals. I have honestly never seen anything like it before. It wasn't perfect, but in most cases it was absolutely stunning. I'd say it makes parts of the Matrix look like high-school level AutoCAD. What I'm getting at is that it took Superman to the next level. Using the capabilities of today's technology, I saw things that a Superman could and should be able to do, and I believed it too... things that the technology at the time of the originals just could not begin to show.

I don't really pay for music unless I think its worth it... and the music industry hasn't been doing anything different to get any of my money... but if the movie studios not only keep making movies like this, but also continue to put the level of attention into the detail that I am coming to expect, then they will have no problem getting my money for a movie ticket, and a DVD purchase. It makes sense... after seeing the movie I know what I'm getting. I still refuse to buy an album because of a good single to find out the rest of the album is crap. They got enough of my money over the years by doing that. I refuse to give them any more... unless its my cousin of course... her album is quality.

I've priced an amazing home theater because of this movie... and I hope to have it completed by the Superman DVD release. (It won't be done by then, but it is time for me to start looking at getting one anyway, my living room is still empty after 5 months).



So pretty. This is a Sony DVD Dream System... can't decide the TV yet.. by the time I'm ready I'd want a different one.

Go see Superman if you haven't.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home