Friday, July 07, 2006

Just so you Know...

Today was the big day. I don't want to talk about work, but I will briefly. This was my co-worker's last day. Our other main guy is on vacation. No one has spoke to me yet about how things are going to change, but as it stands right now, I'm in charge. No, I don't run the team, or the projects, but I drive the technology and that's exactly where I want to be right now. We'll see how long it lasts.

A new club opened up in the area. Before i had to travel 30 minutes to Fayetteville for a hint of fun, but this club has potential. The only time I went in there was a Thursday night so it was slow, but I'm going tonight with some friends and we're hoping for a better turnout. They did a great job on the interior of this place, and I think its exactly what this area needed. It was a very good idea.

I wish there was more going on, but not right now. I applied for an advisory board position with NSBE, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Besides that, I still want to get more involved in the area, but I just have to find what to do. I'd really like to own some property so I can do some projects - but the projects I want to do are along the lines of renovating, while the property I'd be most inclined to buy would be new. Its a trade off I guess. My co-worker is selling his house so if the price is right, who knows? My concern around here is that they are building homes like crazy, and right now I'm sure there are hundreds of completed homes sitting empty. I don't doubt that they will sell eventually, but who knows when that will be, and all those empty homes can't be good for the market.
;-)
We'll see what happens. I'm getting ready to go out. AND just so you know, I come up with blog titles after I write... even though I talk about a ton of different subjects. I find its a lot easier than thinking of a title beforehand and then trying to conform to it.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home