Thursday, July 06, 2006

Just Thinking...

Well, its about that time. I'm going to try and get back in to regular blogging mode. Its bad when it starts to feel like a chore... but its not like that anymore. At one point I felt my entries had to be so profound that I wouldn't post if it didn't meet my expectations.

Unfortunately there isn't much to talk about. Anything major that comes to mind is always work related, and I want to keep that out of here. Though, there have been some major things going on at work... I just won't talk about it.

I'm a big fan of "The Office" on NBC. I collected all the episodes. I started watching them again over the past few days. Its a different kind of humor. It takes a few episodes to really learn the characters and get into it, but once you're there, you'll understand. The main guy is an ass and he just doesn't know it... but he's the boss so no one really tells him.

I need help staying on top of music. I'm cut off from mainstream down here. I have a big enough collection to keep me happy but sometimes there is nothing better than new, good music. I don't know how many people still read this, I only know of one, but the more help the better.

A friend of mine once said that when she is bored, she likes to just count things. I tried to think about what I do when I'm bored. I was really bored in a meeting today and unfortunately my first inclination is to just fall asleep - but that didn't happen. I just let my mind drift... same thing here at home as well. I like to just lay down and think. Only problem is that sometimes thinking can exacerbate stress or feelings... depending on what you're thinking about of course. I guess the alternative would be to dream, but I don't like taking naps after work... it makes me feel like I'm wasting my life away. Thursday nights (tonight) some people from work get together at a local restaurant so I'll probably head over to that.

Blogging is a one-way and general type of communication. I've been trying to think of more to write but I think I've said as much as I can without needing responses, or talking to any one person in particular... so I'll live a little bit more and get back to you. Off to make dinner.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home