Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Just Need to Relax

My brother had a basketball game against Westfield today. I'm about ready to stop going to these games... they are too much to watch. First of all the refs are blind fools. One of them didn't call anything and relied on the other, and the other called things that were totally unnecessary, and usually biased against us. Case in point, not one foul was called on Westfield the entire 3rd quarter... that's just unheard of.

Anyway, the game starts and we cruise to an 11-0 lead. Everything seems great, by the half we were ahead by 20, but somehow, by the end of the 3rd quarter, we're only ahead by 5 (the same time the other team never had a foul called on them). 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and the score is tied. Thankfully, we inched ahead in the last 30 seconds to beat them by 3. Its just nerve wrecking, and I think part of it comes from having to deal with my brother when he loses. He's much better now than he used to be (sometimes you can't tell he lost), but we're so used to how he used to act when he lost (just dismissive and upset) that it kinda rubbed off on us when the team loses. I'm no sore loser, if I lose I can handle it, but high school basketball, I can't stand watching our team lose. Besides my brother being on the team, I can't understand why that is.

My brother says its actually better to be behind in a game, and today was a perfect example. usually the team behind does make a comeback, and during that comeback they are motivated to do better. The team in the lead feels increased pressure everytime the lead is cut. Victory is a lot sweeter when you come back from a deficit.

I listened to none other than Glenn Lewis last night. That is a GREAT album. Again, where is he now? Did his record company do him wrong? Again, I'll attribute the great album to its production, (even though he is very talented), Andre Harris and Vidal Davis are amazing producers... and did just about every track on the album. Andre Harris did Butterflies for Michael Jackson (Floetry had it first though), and "I think its better" and "The Way" for Jill Scott. Vidal Davis did Jill Scott's "Gettin In the Way" and "Show Me."

my mind ---> Oh I think they like me... Oh I think they, Oh I Oh I...

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home