Sunday, January 08, 2006

Just Missed Another One

Today my family and I went to see the Lion King. This was my second time going. I think I enjoyed it more the first time, but being there with the entire family was an experience in itself. It was a Christmas gift from my aunt, and it means more to me now that I know I won't have the luxury of spending the amount of time with my family that i have grown used to over the past months since graduation. Soon it will be a major shift.

We took the train into NY and then walked 8 blocks to 42nd street. On the way we stopped at Gray's Papaya, and while not the most attractive looking place, the entire family was done eating within 10 minutes, and we each had 2 hot dogs and a drink, all for under $20 (more like $14). Everyone left satisfied, and of course I was happy I suggested it, because it definitely beat sitting down at Applebees or somewhere similar and paying $20 per person. Its so easy to go into New York to see a tourist attraction like the Lion King, an dthen do tourist things like eat expensive meals. I think I made the evening a nice mix of tourist activities, and NY smarts (as I like to put it).

I had a conference call at 9:00 tonight. I thought it was at 10:00, but I set my alarm for 8:30, and I knew my alarm must be correct. Problem is, I was still in the Lion King until 9;15, and I felt terrible because somehow I've managed to miss every conference call to date, most were for legitimate reasons, but I definitely didn't want to miss this one. So I took steps not to. Couldn't help that I was in a theater watching the end of a show. Then as soon as I got out, I called someone for the call info, copied it down... and as soon as I dialed in, it said the room was empty. I hung up, checked my messages, and it turns out that the meeting adjourned right before I dialed into the room... another conference call missed.

I've been trying to pick out my furniture for my new place. I'm most likely going to stick with Ikea since I'm just starting out, its cheap, and the quality is a lot better than it used to be. I know what I want for my bedroom, and most of my living room, but I dont know the colors. Decisions, decisions. I know what looks good, and if my living area doesn't look good, then I don't feel good. Problem is, I can't visualize the final result as well. So decisions for me, are more crucial, since the last thing I want is to make the wrong one... and there are no nearby Ikea's in Arkansas - so no returning. Whatever I buy up here is what i'm keeping. I know this entry was all over the place, but its a snapshot of my mind.

Leave a comment if you know me, are in the area (NY/NJ), and want the details to the going away party.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home