Sunday, January 15, 2006

Just Been Thinking

I know its been a while, but the entire moving process has been a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I haven't started packing yet, but I don't have that much to take with me... I definitely need to pick up some boxes and containers. The main thing has been furniture. I am going to buy most of my essential furniture here and take it with me to Arkansas (since there is no nearby Ikea down there). BUT, what I'm upset about is that I found sofa for my living room, in a color I really like, but Macy's furniture sells it, and they won't deliver to Arkansas. Period. Its too soon for me to get it here and take it, because I have to watch how much I spend. I would have to order it, have it delivered to my parent's house, then have UPS pick it up and deliver it to me in Arkansas - that's just too much extra money. Hopefully I find something comparable down there, because I looked at 5 furniture places and I only found one sofa I liked at the last place I went to... maybe I'm too picky? But I figure for that kind of money I should really get what I want.

I had going away party #1 last night. I know it seems excessive, but its a matter of the people, and convenience, and I worked it out so that it won't cost too much to throw them. Last night was for all my high school and New Jersey people, and it was a lot of fun. I'm glad everyone came out in the terrible weather... for some reason the temperature plummeted, and it started to snow. My family stayed (and we had relatives over) so it was interesting having a bunch of people playing beer pong in the kitchen. Luckily the house is just big enough that it somewhat allows for different environments. Its really long so my family and my friends were on opposite sides of the house. Its a split level so we were on different levels as well.

The other parties - next Saturday is a lounge in Harlem for college and New York people, and the week after my parents are having one for me for family and close family friends. In the meantime, I have to get packing. I've been contemplating which car I should get down there. Its so funny how I go to dealers here just to look, and they insist I lease a car up here. That doesn't make any sense. Why would I lease a car here and then add 1000 miles driving it to Arkansas. I think I decided on the Honda Accord Coupe. These are the coupe years. Down the line when a family comes along, a coupe is just impractical, so I'm going to live it up while I can. That's it for now, I'm off to go get some boxes.

~JL


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home