Monday, January 02, 2006

Just Have A Good One

Happy New Year. My family spent the evening with very good family friends. As midnight struck, I had my drink, and within 30 seconds of the new year, one of the children came running through and knowked it all over me. My brother looked at me and shook his head and said, "Oh man, its going to be a terrible year for you." Because of course he sees it as a sign of things to come... well, I see it as meaning that things can only get better from there.

Here are my resolutions...

-I would like to be more consistent in the gym. I always go, get crazy sore, and stop.

-I need to pick 1 outdoor activity to do - in line with exercise. My new environment has tons of outdoor activities, so I'm probably going to bike.

-I need to spend responsibly. I'm in a great financial situation, BUT I need to be smart to keep it that way. My love of electronics could easily be my downfall.

-To keep occupied while in Arkansas, and to meet new people, I am going to take classes, and as I said yesterday, continue to work toward my master's. I might as well.

Can't think of anything else right now. My weekend was interesting. Today I went to church, than ran to catch a train to NY. I just made it, and once I got to Harlem, I met up with Cooper peeps (business meeting and going away party planning... stay tuned). As soon as I returned to NJ, I was convinced to go see King Kong at 9:15. The movie was good, but surprisingly long. I started to lose interest since it felt like it was dragging on. After that, I went to a diner with my brother and his girlfriend (I was the 3rd wheel, but its alright). Come to find out, neither of them had enough money. She thought she had $3, ordered $7 worth of food, then realized she had no money. My brother was supposed to be able to cover him and her anyway but didn't have enough either. So I had to come up with the difference... it wasn't much, but its the principle. It was 1:00AM, we didn't need to go eat... I would have came home and gone straight to bed... and if I wasn't there, they would have been in trouble.

While on the train today, I realized that I made a great purchase. Great purchases only come once in a while for me, and this product in particular has been so good to me. I used to be an iPod person. I had one for about 3 years. I was ready to upgrade and I went with Sony instead of Apple. This mp3 player is great. Take a look.

If the screen/design isn't impressive enough, along with a gig, it has a built in FM radio, and 50 hours of battery life!!! When you're in a rush, 3 minutes of charging gives you 3 hours of playback. Apple has the market, but Sony is trying their best to get back in. I think this is a good start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home