Friday, December 23, 2005

Just Get Over It

My brother looked in the fridge yesterday and got upset. He said, "Now what maniac came along and left an egg right here on the edge of the shelf? Clearly someone has no regard for my valuable time, since if I were the one to knock it down, I'd have to be the one to clean it up." He wasn't serious, but he decided to put it with the rest of the eggs in the egg container.

Today, Dad opened the fridge to get an egg to make scrambled eggs. He takes one out and gets ready to break it. Then he said, "What nut put a hard-boiled egg with the rest of the eggs in the container?"

I'm only able to tell the story because I happened to be in the kitchen at both times. I'm starting to feel like a fly on the wall. Makes me wonder how often things like that happen, but go unnoticed because there is no observer present.

So it turns out that one of the latest episodes of "Everybody Hates Chris" stated that Santa Clause is not real, and never resolved it at the end. I saw where it was going halfwaythrough the episode, and I said "they better fix this by the end, otherwise they'll be in trouble." I thought they'd have a quick 20 second scene where presents appear magically, or something like that. Surprisingly, when they didn't resolve it, I didn't give it a second thought, until I saw a news article about it today. (Click on the picture to read the article).

Everybody Hates Chris

So a lot of people complained about the fact that their kids were asking them questions about whether Santa was real after seeing that show. The network received a lot of phone calls about it... but the news article pointed out that this show used "the N word" in the first episode and it "passed with relatively little notice."

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home