Thursday, July 20, 2006

Just Busy Busy Busy

Its good to keep occupied. I'm the new Region I Advisory Board Communications and Upsate Zone Chairperson. Work is really picking up. So now I have my career development, NSBE activity, and just need some more involvement in this area. I've been going to networking functions. I want some kind of similar networking group for minorities. Not that I'm partial or anything, but I've seen several fairly large different networking groups, so I think general networking is pretty much covered. I'd like to see some more minority get togethers and activities.

A friend of mine has been keeping me up to date on the new music up in the Northeast. I'm glad someone has been keeping me up to date. My brother throws a song my way from time to time. During most of college, I stayed away from the radio, but that's mainly because they overplayed songs. A lot of the good music I found to listen to wasn't on the radio, but I've realized they do play good music, it just loses points in my mind because they play so often, have so many commercials, and talk too much.

I need to use my time down here in AR for development. Working out, career development, and setting things in motion. I've always said you won't make BIG money by working for someone else. By the time they are ready to pay you big bucks, like being a CEO, your life isn't even your own anymore. So its not a want anymore, I NEED to sift through ideas and lay the groundwork for either investing or starting a business. I spoke to my mom for a little while last night. I have money and debt management under control, I just need to work with her to learn as much as I can about investing. Mom and Dad have an investment club they run. Its nice to have a good resource like that, but I won't hoard learnings. If anyone ever has any questions, just let me know, and I'll spread the knowledge.

Last - that myspace jumpoff song is TERRIBLE. Yes, its funny, but sigh, things definitely aren't getting any better.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home