Friday, December 16, 2005

Just Reason #1

Thought about Lauryn Hill earlier today... not sure why, but I've been pressed to think of any other successful singer/MCs. She is the ONLY one that comes to my mind... and that's likely why she was so successful. If any others come to mind, let me know. Missy tries but I don't think she sings seriously, its not really the same.

After a day of media attention, and some more thought... I will not retract my statement from yesterday, but I will agree that what Mr. Trump did was not fair. It always seems so easy to play the race card, so I leave it until its blatent, but its times like these when you can't think of any other reason. I want to believe he just made a mistake, that it was a stupid question to ask, but I'm sure the decision for who to hire was made long prior to the actual finale, and as such, the decision to ask Randal that question was also made.

While I stated yesterday that I might have considered the other option, the point is that such a choice should not have even had to be made. But that question was a surprise to me... it wasn't to Randal. Had I thought about it prior, I would have went his route - and if you listened carefully to the show... Randal knew which direction it was going... with my favorite quote he said to the previous contestants, "If you believe I should be the SOLE apprentice, stand up... that's reason #1."

~JL

1 Comments:

Blogger POPS said...

queen latifah

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home