Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Just my Luck

Ah, funny how things work out. Today is my b-day, my aunt is out to visit, and my allergies/throat is so bad its the first day I NEED to take a sick day. No one at work is going to believe that I'm actually sick, they know my aunt is in town, and they know its my birthday. Lesson learned - never tell them anything.

So my insurance here has a fairly hefty deductible. I kept it reasonable, but there is still a deductibile I'm not looking forward to paying. My mom alerted me to the fact (last night) that I am still covered under the family insurance. I was relieved, no deductible for me UNTIL I remembered she once said to me in college that I was covered until my 23rd birthday. At this point, there was 3 hours and counting until I turn 23. I frantically tried to decide whether to go to the emergency room, because it still MAY have been cheaper than going to the doctor under my new insurance once I was no longer covered under the family. I looked everywhere online, and I came across a document that said I'm covered to the end of the month of my 23rd birthday. That was a big relief... but I was born at 2:00AM in the morning on August 1st. That is cutting it REALLY close. In fact, had I been born on the west coast, my insurance would have ran out last night. Those few hours is the difference between insurance running out and an extra 30 days of coverage. I guess I lucked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home