Friday, July 28, 2006

Just not Happy

I went to have my car detailed. They tried to pull a fast one. My screen for the radio is damaged. It looks like a big smudge but it won't come out with anything. They're claiming its under the screen somehow. I don't doubt it, but I certainly have no idea how it got there, and it definitely wasn't like that when I gave it to them. I could tell they were trying to get me to pay pretty quickly... I'm glad I didn't.

So I'm not happy about it, it sucks to look at it, and it needs to get fixed. I'm not sure what's going to happen. So far I didn't pay for the detailing at all, and eventually when I have some time, I'm going to leave my car with the dealer to see what they can do, and how much it is going to cost. They contracted to have it detailed for me (I left the car with them) so its their responsibility anyway, so I certainly hope no one throws any dollar amounts my way. Humble responses usually get the best results, but that will only last so long. I let them know, "hey, the rest of the job is fine, I'll pay for the detailing, but someone has to pay to fix this, and its not going to be me." Its that simple. There will be BIG problems if they start throwing numbers at me, because I can tell they are going to play the, "there's no way we could have done this," or "it was like that when it came in," games, and I'm just not in the mood.

At work I'm still working to get a few mentors. There are some great, knowledgeable people there and they really seem to care about my development. I'm actually pretty surprised at the great resources available to me at this company. Its really difficult to understand without seeing, but this truly is the center of technology, and all the industry experts are here to go along with it. Better believe I'm going to take advantage.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home