Friday, July 21, 2006

Just Downloading

I purchased Jaheim's album like I said I would. I had to go on a little excursion today for work, so I played it in the car. I really like 3 songs, and the rest are good. Not quite the best I've paid for, but I'd say still worth it, and I'm sure the rest of the songs will get better for me.

However, there is one song on it that I will talk about. Its called "Daddy Thing."

I really like how that song was done. He does a great job at describing the situation. Its not something I've been in, but I understand and to an extent feel what he's talking about. Its about getting into a relationship with someone and supporting the child as he/she is your own. Things didn't go well for him, he ended up having a better relationship with the child than the mother.

If anyone is wondering, I'm talking about the song because I like it, any parallels to particular situations is completely coincidental, and it really doesn't even quite apply.

Jaheim gets some respect in my book. I've listened to his past few albums and I've been pretty happy with them. Guess its about time I started purchasing them. There are very few artists who's albums I will go out and buy without listening to the entire thing. When Michael Jackson drops a new album, I'm buying it right away. Jaheim is up there now, not quite on the same level, but up there. Besides that, if Lauryn Hill were to do another album, there'd be no question. Based on Damian Marley's last album, he's got my money as well. Of course my cousin is in the same category. And there are others, but I can't think of them right now. Everyone else... I'm downloading!!!

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home