Thursday, June 29, 2006

Just a New Definition

I broke out Lauryn's Miseducation album to play in the car today. It has interludes with school children talking about love. One interlude addressed the difference between loving and being in love. I'll comment on that difference.

I think most people agree that being in love with someone is much stronger than loving someone. As said on the album, you can love anybody... but I believe there is nothing more tragic than loving someone, and not having that love returned.

To be "in love" with someone means just that... its a bond. It implies that the person you love, loves you the same way back. I guess the point I'm making is... I don't think its possible for someone to be "in love" with another if that love is not returned... because then the full feeling has not been reached. A different level of love is reached when you realize that the other person feels the same way.

Just my take on the interlude.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home