Friday, May 12, 2006

Just an Update

I went on a trip to day to verify a technology installation. It was a lot of fun though. It was a 2 and a half hour drive there, so my co-workers and I had some bonding time. I don't relate to them too much, but they are good people, and for the most part we have a good time. Every now and then they ask me to compare things to New York. They talked about a recent crime that happened in this area, it was pretty bad. So now they have started locking their doors. I told them that locking doors where I'm from is a must. I was raised to do it. I overdo it here. I double lock my door even though most people here leave their front doors wide open. Probably makes me look like a recluse, but I don't want people walking into my house to be social, nor do I want them walking into my house period.

My neighbor, well, exactly who I'd like to keep out. Don't take that wrong, he's a nice guy, but way out of my age range. He just moved down here a few weeks ago, so he just wants someone to talk to I guess, but I'm not the one... only because he abused his privilages already. Sometimes I would come home and make a little schedule for myself which would include the gym, Wal-Mart and dinner to be back home in time to watch 24. My schedules work to about 10 minute accuracy. So I walk out of my apartment and its almost as if he's outside waiting for me, then he just talks about any random thing that comes to mind as I'm trying to walk away. I don't mind talking, but he rambles so long my whole schedule gets messed up. Then if that isn't bad enough, the same thing happens when I get back.

So now, I'm always in a hurry, and I don't like to be that way, but I don't have time to sit and talk on my way out. On the one hand he's being nice and trying to talk, yet he doesn't seem to want to consider that I have things to do, like rush back to work so I'm not late coming back from lunch.

As for my car, its doing alright. Its on my mind because I just had to fill a tiny chip in my windshield. It's already on its second windshield, but I found this crack early enough to fill it before it spreads. I don't think this is the place for nice cars. In retrospect, I would have went a step down, but I do have a lot of fun in it, so I'm still happy with my decision.

The drive from here to Jersey is 24 hours, so I doubt my car will ever see NJ. That's a drive I want to avoid at all costs. I've been meaning to take pictures for friends and fam, not just of the car but Arkansas in gerneral. This area is very surprising because of how quickly development is occuring. But 30 minutes south of here, its really amazing how scenic Arkansas is. I had no idea. It is empty, but its not all farmland like I thought. A camera is on my list of things to get... but when it comes to buying electronics, I go for the best, so I'm 1 saving up the money, and 2 waiting for a camera worth the money. I've learned the impulse buying has to stop, so I'm doing research and price tracking - time to be a smart shopper.

Imagine it in Cool Blue, like the links on the right.

:-) I like cars, maybe a little too much.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home