Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Just Right

My siblings came down to visit me over the weekend. It was great to see them. I tried to keep them as occupied as I could, but that is a big task here in Arkansas. We went to the mall, I showed them the University, we went out to eat a few times, and I showed them what I do at work. For me, that was a highlight, because I explain to people as much as I can about what I do, but you can't really understand until you see the technology in action. Now I know that they have an idea about what I talk about.

Everything at work is going well. Socially though, things could be better. I've met cool people, but things are really slow down here, and I guess that's just withdrawl from living in NYC. Some just go to the gym when they're bored. I went to a nice get-together on Friday and one of the girls I saw there lives in my apartment complex. I asked her if she goes out often and she said she hardly does. That surprised me, because if you don't then you are immediately a hermit (as my sister loves to say). That's the last thing I want to be, so I get out as much as I can. That includes the gym, different work cafeterias at different times to meet people, and I make it a point to go out either Friday or Saturday every weekend. She continued to say that her main routine is work and church. That's good, but I need more. Problem is that I've been to the clubs etc and I don't like the scene. I hate competing with the music, and yelling in people's ears, and not being able to hear back. Besides that, there's not much else.

I've never deliberately looked at fingers for wedding rings before... never really had to. But I find myself doing it all the time now, and I am amazed at the number of married people I see down here, and most are much younger than I'm used to seeing. Makes me wonder if anyone is left. It doesn't get me down though. I'm one of those"Everything Happens for a Reason" people, so I figure the right person will come along at the right time. What does get me down is that I haven't had many relationships before, and they haven't lasted long. I still have a lot to learn about myself.

That's it for tonight.

~JL

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

xanga.com/trishsunchine9

latest and greatest sorta speaks to it...somewhat.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home