Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Just Interested #2

This entry is an update to an entry made 10 months ago. You can find the original entry here - http://juslivin.blogspot.com/2005/11/just-interested.html.

I still feel the same but I thought more about it, and I wrote that entry before I had a job... so the experience of having a job has given more perspective.

This all relates back to happiness. Ultimately, your passion will be something that makes you happy. It won't always be about money. I can honestly say that... most days, I enjoy waking up in the morning to go to work. Its a great job, but its not really affecting lives positively in any way. Right now, I'm happy though... still anxious and looking to the future... but happy. What I've learned is that there are traps everywhere, and this unfortunately relates directly to money. Its so easy to acquire debt and simultaneously have a family to support. At that point, no matter how much you like or dislike your job, you can't lose it, because if you do, where is the money going to come from? On a daily basis I see people who are great at what they do, but still limited because they need to work more than work needs them.

The only solution is a second source of income that can support you in rough times, whether its investments or a business on the side. Since most of my audience is either in school, or recently graduated, begin to think about that side thing... and even better, try and align it with something you are passionate about. That is something I've learned through observation, and I have no problem sharing the knowledge.

I still can't say that I know what my passion is. Its still early yet. I know I'm a tech guy, and I do genuinely want to help people. I know there are technology solutions to many of the biggest problems in society. This comes down to exposure. Two things... who is going to listen if I come up with a solution? How can I come up with a solution if I don't fully understand all aspects of the problem?

Get interested and involved. Experiences follow. Passion develops. By that time, when you talk... people will listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home