Thursday, June 01, 2006

Just Motivate

I'm getting some more responsibility. I'm doing what I said I would and setting myself up to be the go-to person. It doesn't take long. I was proactive about pushing a few projects and now I don't own them, but at least I'm part of them. Sometimes it takes motivating people to get things moving. I find some people are stuck in a rut with their jobs, to the point where they don't really care anymore. It could happen to anyone, but I'm here to get stuff done. That's what leadership is all about. I'm not in charge, but I want to see results just like my superiors. I don't need my name on the results, but I'd rather be unnamed and successful than a named member of the group that failed.

I don't feel like I'm spreading myself thin... Its good to keep busy. The only problem I noticed today is that the facility I'm in is so big, that when I do have several different things going on, walking around takes up a lot of time. It takes 10 minutes to walk from where I am to the parking lot. But I'm not complaining. Its not a substitute for the gym, but it can't be bad. Glad I'm not at a desk all day. I don't knock it though... they may put me there one day, but for now, life is good.

Big meeting tomorrow morning at 7AM. That's right. I have to get up extra early. That's usually when I get to work BUT the meeting happens to be a 30 min drive from here... compared to my usual 2 min drive to work. I'm off to bed.

~JL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home