Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Just Motivated

I'm listening to "Glow" by Kelis... you should be too.

I realized how much more motivated I am when I have a solid goal in place. Over the past semester, I knew I wanted a job, but I didn't know what I wanted to do. Of course that makes things a little more difficult. But once you know what you want to do (I know that's easier said than done) or at least once you know what the next step is for you, then the motivation is instantly there.

Sophomore year of high school, my english teacher said we all needed to write down our goals and steps on how we were going to achieve them. It was just homework at the time, so I wrote down a few things that looked good (story of high school). On the real though, I wrote down MIT, and to be a Westinghouse scholar, (hmmmm, sounds like Made in America). Neither of those happened, BUT my college is ARGUABLY (and I'm not here to argue, but I will) as good if not better than MIT. It just isn't as well known, and is much smaller. Anyway, now I see that goals mean everything because without them, well you know, the whole ship without a sail thing.

If you need motivation just to start doing work, Crime Mob - "Knuck if you Buck" works pretty well.

~JL

Oh, a concerned reader says I've been using "weary" when I mean to say "wary." Well, while I strive for perfection, if I were perfect, I would probably have nothing to write about... hmmmmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home