Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Just Do It

Yeah, it doesn't take long to get over not being wanted. Its time to stop being all talk and actually do something. Time to start writing a business plan, and setting things in action with the following considerations:

1. I have no money, so its best to start the business utilizing skills I already have, without the need for startup investment (always the best thing to do).

2. Get all the right people in your corner. Among friends, you know who the best are at what they do. If they are good at it, chances are they enjoy doing it. Which means at first they would have to do it on the side, for little money, but that's cool as long as the have a stake in the business (give them a percentage of all revenue based on the relative value of their work contributions).

3. Be weary of using friends. You just need to go after talent.

4. This business in particular needs to eventually run itself - meaning I will do work at first, but eventually find a replacement willing to do the same things for a little less, since they didn't need to build the client base - guess who keeps the extra money.

My plan, since hiring companies don't want me now, is to develop the business for a few years. Then I'll have ample skills to work for another company. By that time though, I will be accustomed to the business income, and will be living off of that. So, the new salary can and will go completely into savings. (A lofty goal, but definitely possible). Then, guess what, it will be time for Business School (if I feel I still want to go)...

So that's the master plan. Time for the business plan. (something I haven't quite thought of as much yet...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home