Monday, March 10, 2008

Movie Legends

This movie is shortly coming out on DVD. I have to admit that it is definitely my favorite movie of 2007. Never before have I been on the edge of my seat and going through every emotion of the main actor. Will Smith did an excellent job.

I've made the argument before that movies are getting better. The acting is one important aspect, but the imagery and blending of CGI is now at the point where it is very difficult to tell the difference between what is real and what is computer generated.

Will Smith deserves an Oscar for this movie, and should be credited for the success that it was in theaters, and will be on DVD. When asked about whether racism still exists in Hollywood, Jada Pinkett responded that when it comes to Will Smith, executives don't see Black or White... they only see Green.

When I was home in NY for Christmas, I took the family to see this in IMAX. It was absolutely amazing. I almost can't imagine the movie watching experience getting better than that, until I did some research on what is happening with 3D.

There is speculation that the next big thing for movies will be 3D. Some recent children films are including 3D effects. The major downside of course is that glasses are still required. But, i have seen first hand that there are TVs that generate 3D without the use of glasses. I think it is something that needs to be seen to believe, and the technology itself is something to follow.

There was an extended preview for The Dark Knight when I went to see I am Legend in IMAX. I think that will be an amazing movie, and certainly worth seeing in IMAX. I am definitely looking forward to it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home